Doug Ghidina brings over 25 years of complex, high-level bankruptcy and creditors’ rights experience to creditor clients across wide-ranging industries, including commercial real estate, manufacturing, transportation, wholesale and retail sales and agriculture.
Doug is skilled in handling real estate and personal property foreclosure actions, workouts and restructuring of defaulted credit facilities. He regularly advises lenders and borrowers regarding bankruptcy and bankruptcy-remoteness issues as well as special-purpose entities when structuring financial transactions. Moreover, he has experience in bankruptcy litigation and other debtor/creditor disputes, including adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court and exercise of creditor remedies in state court. Doug also has represented sellers and buyers in asset sales in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Thistle Downs Limited Partnership/Thistle Golf Club Limited Partnership (S.D. Fla.): Representation of secured creditor in stay litigation which terminated bankruptcy proceeding.
- Swartville, LLC (E.D.N.C.): Representation of secured creditor to obtain order denying confirmation of Chapter 11 plan.
- Jefferson Landing, LLC (W.D.N.C.): Representation of secured creditor in section 363 purchase of operating assets out of Chapter 7 estate.
- The Wood Pile, LLC (E.D.N.C.): Representation of secured creditor in restructure of real estate loans through confirmed Chapter 11 plan.
- Prime Carolina LLC (W.D.N.C.): Representation of secured creditor in pre-bankruptcy foreclosure proceeding and preliminary injunction litigation and in stay litigation in bankruptcy case.
- Financial Services: Representation of financial services borrower in restructuring of $110 million credit facility.
- Financial Services: Representation of state bank in restructuring and securing of involuntary indebtedness arising from check-kiting scheme.
- Real Estate: Representation of secured creditor in restructure of loans to related borrowers developing low income housing tax credit properties.
- Real Estate: Representation of secured creditors and borrower in various deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transactions.
- Financial Services: Representation of special purpose financial services borrower in $75 million credit facility.
- Various: Issuance of true sale and non-consolidation legal opinions for sales of assets in rated securitization financing transactions.
- Financial Services: Representation of national bank in post-foreclosure operation and re-sale of foreclosed golf course and related real estate assets.
- Bankruptcy/Criminal: Representation of county district attorney in successful appeal of federal court injunction prohibiting criminal prosecution of discharged Chapter 7 debtor.