Gary M. Burt is one of New Hampshire's most experienced trial attorneys, appearing regularly in all New Hampshire courts. He has tried to conclusion more than one hundred and eighty jury trials. He has also appeared frequently before the New Hampshire Supreme Court. His clients include businesses and individuals throughout the state. His areas of practice include commercial and business litigation, toxic tort litigation, product liability litigation, defamation claims, and claims for personal injury.
In addition to his insurance and business law experience, Gary also represents on occasion individuals involved in domestic relations matters, applying his extensive trial experience in representing his clients' interests both before and after settlement efforts have been exhausted.
Some of Mr. Burt's notable matters include:
- Successfully representing two business owners, sued for allegedly stealing corporate funds, and redirecting business, who cross-claimed for damages arising from a failed buyout, resulting in a million dollar judgment against the seller.
- Successfully defending a wholesale grocer against a multi-million dollar fraud claim, obtaining a defendant's verdict after two weeks of trial.
- Successfully defending an architect in a two-week trial brought by developer of a hotel/condominium development seeking more than a million dollars.
- Successfully defending a million dollar lead paint claim brought against a Landlord. The jury returned a defense verdict after a two-week trial.
- Successfully defended an oil-delivery company against million dollar pollution claim following two-week jury trial, where Jury concluded that oil-delivery company was not responsible for spill.
- Successfully defended against a million dollar claim for Director's and Officer's coverage asserted by Board of Directors of a mutual insurance carrier sued for failing to value adequately the company during the course of liquidating stock owned by various stockholders.
- Northern Security Ins. Co. v. Connors, 161 NH 645 (2011)
- Sanchez v. Candia Woods Golf Links, 161 NH 201 (2010)
- Bates v. Vermont Mut. Ins. Co.,157 NH 391 (2008)
- Baxter v. Temple, 157 NH 280, (2008)
- In re Martin, 156 NH 818 (2008)
- Nault v. Tirado, 155 NH 449 (2007)
- New Hampshire Ins. Guar. Ass'n v. Elliot Hosp., 154 NH 571 (2006)
- Broughton v. Proulx, 152 NH 549 (NH 2005)
- Oliva v. Vermont Mutual Ins. Co., 150 NH 563 (2004)
- T&M Associates v. Goodrich, 150 NH 161 (2003)
- Gammans v. FHP Constructors, Inc., 146 NH 702 (2001)
- Pichowicz v. Watson Ins. Agency, 146 NH 166 (2001)
- Funai v. Metropolitan Prop. & Cas Co., 145 NH 642 (2000)
- DeButts v. LaRoche, 142 NH 845 (1998)
- Calabraro v. Metro. Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co., 142 NH 308 (1997)
- Glines v. Bruk, 140 NH 180 (1995)
- Intl. Surplus Lines Ins. Co. v. Manufacturers & Merchants Mut. Ins. Co., 140 NH 15 (1995)
- Fadden v. Metropolitan Property & Casualty Ins. Co., 138 NH 654 (1994)
- Limoges v. Horace Mann Ins. Co., 134 NH 474 (1991)
- Universal Underwriters Ins. Co. v. Allstate Ins. Co., 134 NH 315 (1991)
- National Grange Mut. Ins. Co. v. Smith, 133 NH 279 (1990)