Bruce D. Loring is a Partner in the Chicago office of Holland & Knight. Mr. Loring practices in the area of commercial real estate with an emphasis in real estate acquisitions, sales, development, financing and joint ventures. He represents real estate developers, major institutional lenders, pension funds and private equity funds in the acquisition, development, joint venture formation and financing of office, commercial and industrial properties, residential developments, hotels and shopping centers, both in the Chicago metropolitan area and throughout the country. Representative projects that Mr. Loring has acted as lead counsel include:
- Negotiation and closing of a joint venture on behalf of a state pension fund in connection with the acquisition and financing of a $350,000,000 real estate portfolio consisting of two shopping centers and related office buildings aggregating approximately 1,800,000 square feet, located in Greensboro and Durham, North Carolina.
- Negotiation and closing of a joint venture on behalf of a state pension fund in connection with the development and financing of a $75,000,000 boutique hotel in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of a major private real estate equity fund in connection with the negotiation and closing of joint venture transactions involving the acquisition and financing of office, multi-family and retail projects throughout the United States.
- Representation of a state pension fund in connection with the sale of an agricultural real estate portfolio valued in excess of $330,000,000 and consisting of 106 properties located in 6 states.
- Representation of a major institutional lender in connection with a $142,000,000 construction mortgage loan financing of a 247 unit condominium project in downtown Chicago.
- The sale of a major hotel in Florida on behalf of a state pension fund.
- The structuring and sale of a major commercial site in downtown Chicago for the development of a luxury condominium and hotel project.
- The structuring and sale of a major office building in downtown Chicago on behalf of a state pension fund.
- The joint venture structuring, acquisition and financing of a hotel/residential resort project in the Caribbean.
- Representation of a national home builder in connection with the acquisition, financing, joint venture structuring and disposition of single-family, multi-family and condominium residential developments throughout the Chicago, Illinois Metropolitan Area.
- The acquisition, development, structuring and financing of commercial office, industrial and retail projects in Illinois and throughout the United States on behalf of a major Chicago-based developer.
- The acquisition, development, structuring and financing of medical office buildings and assisted living facilities throughout the United States on behalf of Chicago based developers.
Mr. Loring has an extensive practice in representing lenders, borrowers, developers and investors in structuring the financing and funding of real estate transactions through joint venture, limited liability company formations and other financing and investment strategies.
Mr. Loring has lectured and conducted seminars on a wide range of real estate law topics before the American Law Institute-American Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association and other professional organizations. Most recently, Mr. Loring co-chaired and was a speaker at a two-day seminar held in Chicago on Real Estate Joint Ventures presented by Law Seminars International. He was appointed to the Governor of Wisconsin’s Special Commission to Investigate State Real Estate Purchasing and Leasing Matters.