Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Bruce Meller has been a partner at Peckar & Abramson since 1979. He has been described by The Legal 500 : United States as “exceptional, with strong trial and arbitration experience” and “the epitome of the construction litigator, who understands a company’s needs and goes out to get results.”
Mr. Meller has represented contractors throughout the United States on virtually every type of construction project, including high-rise buildings, shopping malls, museums, wastewater treatment and power plants, hospitals, garages, institutional buildings, stadiums, laboratories, highways, bridges, tunnels, pipelines and light rail systems.
He has been responsible for many of Peckar & Abramson’s most
significant cases, as well as the negotiation of complex contractual
relationships and the drafting of standard forms of agreement, which are
used on a national basis. Mr. Meller was lead counsel in an
arbitration involving claims in excess of $130 million arising out of
building and civil construction work for a train system in the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, which lasted 84 hearing days. He was lead
trial counsel and negotiated a $59 million dollar settlement on behalf
of a design-build contractor with the Puerto Rico Electric Power
Authority. Another matter on behalf of a construction manager involved
claims in excess of $60 million, which lasted more than 75 hearing days.
An engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) matter resolved at
trial for sums in excess of $100 million. Many of his jury trials have
lasted over one month and up to four months in length, resulting in
numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts. Mr. Meller’s cases have resulted
in more than a dozen published decisions. He has also been admitted to
practice pro hac vice throughout the United States and in Puerto Rico.
• Best Lawyers, 2006-2023
• New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2006-2022
• New York-Metro Super Lawyers, 2006-2022
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, New Jersey, Band 1, 2020-2022
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, New York, 2011-2019
• Lexology Client Choice Award, Construction, United States, 2020-2022
• ALM & Martindale-Hubbell “New York Top-Rated Lawyers,” 2019-2020
• Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” in Construction Law – Hackensack region, 2021
• Best Lawyers,“Lawyer of the Year” in Construction Litigation - Newark region, 2012
• Bergen Magazine, Top Lawyer - Construction, 2020-2022•The Legal 500: United States
• Who’s Who Legal - Thought Leaders “Global Leader,” Construction, 2020-2022
• Who’s Who Legal: Business•Who’s Who Legal: Construction•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated