Sascha Henry is a partner in the firm’s Los Angeles office. She is Practice Group Leader of the Business Trial Practice Group, leads the firm's food and beverage industry team, and leads the consumer class action defense team.
Sascha defends clients in complex business litigation and consumer class actions:
- She recently prevailed on a motion for summary judgment in a putative nationwide class action that the client misled consumers about the fill of its beverages.
- She prevailed on a motion for summary judgment in a putative class action alleging the client, a national restaurant chain, misled consumers about its food.
- She also prevailed on two motions to dismiss in false advertising class actions, arguing that no reasonable consumer could be deceived by the alleged description of a beverage size.
- She defeated class certification of an alleged nationwide class action involving allegations of false labeling of food.
- She argued a case before the California Second District Court of Appeal, and the court then affirmed summary judgment in favor of the client in a complex business matter.
- In 2011, she prevailed in a complex business fraud case, resulting in a jury verdict of over $300 million for the client after a lengthy trial.
Sascha's experience includes actions involving:
- Alleged violations of California's Unfair Competition Law and False Advertising Law and other state's equivalents, including Florida's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act and New York’s General Business Law §350
- Breach of contract
- Alleged theft of trade secrets
- Business torts
Sascha has also litigated disputes regarding trade secrets, shareholder rights, privacy rights, defamation, truth in lending laws, sovereign immunity and Insurance Code violations. She also counsels clients regarding business practices as they relate to consumers of goods and services.
Sascha's experience includes litigating in state and federal trial courts, as well as appellate work in the California Court of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.