Melinda Beck practices in the areas of conservation, land
use, real estate transactions and real property transfers.
On the conservation side, Melinda assists local governments,
land trusts and private landowners with purchases and donations of conservation
easements throughout the United States and internationally. In her career, Melinda has completed hundreds
of conservation transactions including:
- Numerous purchases and bargain
sales of conservation easements using funds from local, state and federal
funding agencies such as Federal Farm and Ranchlands
Protection Program (FRPP), administered by the Natural Resources Conservation
Service (NRCS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), North American Wetlands Conservation
Act (NAWCA) grant funds, administered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Outdoors Colorado (GOCO), Colorado
Division of Wildlife (CDOW), Routt
County, Douglas County, Boulder County and Park County;
- Purchases of open space property by
Douglas County, Colorado, including Greenland Ranch;
- Donation of a conservation easement
in Costa Rica; and
- Pro bono representation of land
trusts including Douglas Land Conservancy (DLC), Colorado Open Lands (COL), the
Colorado Coalition of Land Trusts (CCLT), South Metro Land Conservancy (SMLC) and
Minnesota Land Trust (MLT).
As a development, land planning and zoning attorney, Melinda is a former assistant county attorney for Douglas County, Colorado and assists landowners and developers seeking approvals from local governments, including the following types of transactions:
- Creation of rural site plans and other conservation limited development projects;
- Revisions to site plans to facilitate purchase and sale of commercial properties;
- Special use permits for industrial and commercial uses such as RV campground, woodworking business, landfill, equestrian center, wedding venue, airfield residential development, and other uses;
- Zoning for residential and commercial uses; and
- Subdivision and replat of commercial and residential properties.
Melinda also has extensive experience in the creation and revision of land use regulations throughout Colorado.
In addition to her land planning and conservation experience, Melinda assists landowners in general real estate transactions, including:
- Acquisition/disposition of retail centers, warehouse and distribution facilities, residential bulk lots, large ranches and single-family residences;
- Leasing of office, retail and individual space, including retail stores, restaurants and fitness facilities;
- Financing of real property including commercial, retail and agricultural properties;Representation of national homebuilders;
- Real property conveyances including minerals and water; and
- Real property issues arising in mid-stream oil and gas operations, including right-of-way agreements, easements and land use approvals.