Brian advises clients in resolving business disputes and solving complex legal problems. Brian is a seasoned litigator, representing business interests in litigation in federal and state court, including the North Carolina Business Court. Brian also represents financial institutions and other creditors in all phases of the workout and restructuring process, including representation in bankruptcy court.
Some of Brian's representative experience includes:
- Representation of corporate clients in federal court in defense of breach of contract, fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices and misrepresentation claims.
- Representation of the Speaker of the North Carolina House of Representatives and the President Pro Tempore of the North Carolina Senate in defense of a lawsuit filed by the Governor of North Carolina concerning constitutional separation of powers and the proper allocation of the appointment power under the NC Constitution.
- Representation of commercial lenders in defense of lender liability claims related to real estate development and construction lending.
- Representation of corporate clients in real estate and land use disputes and litigation, including title disputes, environmental issues and landlord tenant disputes.
- Representation of corporate entities and individuals in the North Carolina Business Court.
- Representation of members of limited liability companies in defense of claims for breach of fiduciary duty.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by his peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina's "Legal Elite" in Bankruptcy (2018)
- Selected for Benchmark Litigation's "Under 40 Hot List" (2017)
- Received the Triangle Business Journal's "40 Under 40" Leadership Award, 2015
- Member, Bankruptcy and Litigation Sections, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Raleigh Sports Council
- President, Davidson College Gridiron Club, 2010-present
- Member, Leadership Raleigh 29