For more than 20 years, Andrea has represented buyers, sellers and lenders in the purchase and sale of real property and corporate assets across the United States, with a particular focus on a variety of environmental transactional and regulatory matters involving brownfields redevelopment; hazardous site investigation and cleanup; underground storage tanks (USTs); regulatory compliance and enforcement; hazardous waste management; and state and federal Superfund, brownfield and voluntary remediation programs. Specifically, Andrea has:
- Assisted clients through entry and completion of state and federal brownfields and voluntary remediation programs.
- Conducted due diligence, and negotiated contractual provisions in real estate, corporate and lending transactions.
- Represented and advised clients in connection with hazardous waste management, permitting, enforcement, and corrective action.
- Assisted clients in all aspects of an investigation and remediation of numerous sites pursuant to the federal CERCLA statute and state equivalents, and in the successful completion of cleanup activities under such programs.
- Counseled clients in litigation involving CERCLA/Superfund, RCRA, and state hazardous substance and petroleum cleanup programs across the United States.
- Advised clients with respect to SEC environmental disclosure obligations, environmental permitting, asbestos, mold, pesticides and product regulation.