Bill Rust takes a practical, results-oriented approach to solving client issues, specifically focusing his practice on business, commercial real estate, mergers and acquisitions and health care related matters.
Business and Transactional Law
- Represents public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions, joint ventures, bond offerings, securities, and general corporate and contractual matters.
- Negotiates commercial contracts – including purchase agreements, commercial leases, employment agreements, shareholder management agreements, and operating agreements – on behalf of local and regional businesses.
- Represents private companies belonging to regulated industries to ensure compliance with South Carolina laws and regulations.
Health Care Law
- Represents hospital systems in physician practice acquisitions, joint ventures, and matters related to physician employment and recruitment.
- Provides regulatory compliance advice to hospital systems and physician practices with respect to the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA and EMTALA.
- Advises health care clients regarding:
- Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payer coverage and reimbursement issues;
- patient-care and risk-management matters;
- tax-exempt status issues; and
- medical-staff bylaws and related documents, policies and procedures, and controversies.
Prior to joining the firm, Bill served as a Judge Advocate in the U.S. Navy.