Teresa Hill is a partner in the Portland office of K&L Gates. She focuses her practice in the areas of energy and infrastructure projects and transactions with an emphasis on wind, solar, biomass, geothermal and hydroelectric power. Teresa advises clients in the negotiation of development-related agreements, with an emphasis on negotiating major power purchase agreements. Teresa spearheads the K&L Gates Corporate Energy Sourcing initiative, which helps corporate customers develop and implement sustainability and carbon goals through their energy strategy.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Ms. Hill was a partner in the
environment, land use and natural resources and renewable energy groups of a
Portland-based law firm.
- Presenter, "Corporate Energy Sourcing from Off-Site Renewable Energy Projects," Webinar, July 7, 2015
- Presenter, "New Frontiers-Alternatives to Power Purchase Agreements," Northwest Intermountain Power Producers Coalition (NIPPC), Sept. 15, 2014
- Guest Lecturer, "Contracts with energy buyers: Essential terms for a financeable power purchase agreement," LSI, Tribal Energy in the Southwest, Dec. 9-10, 2013
- Presenter, "Practical Tips for Drafting Transactional Documents," Concordia University School of Law, Oct. 12, 2010
- Panelist/Presenter, "Alternative and Renewable Energy Sources - The Applicable Legal Framework," University of Idaho Law Review Symposium, Apr. 9, 2010
- Guest Lecturer, "Renewable Energy Law," University of Oregon Law School, Spring 2010
- Panelist, "Renewable Energy PPAs: Risk Allocation and Litigation Trends," EUCI Webinar, Sept. 8, 2010
- Panelist, "Impact of State RPS's and the Prospect of a Federal RPS," Infocast Webinar, Jan. 27, 2010