Terry’s practice emphasizes corporate business acquisitions and financings and public-private projects, including strategic joint ventures, Native American enterprises and projects, water/wastewater infrastructure development, sports facility financing and physician-hospital contracts. Terry was recently recognized as a 2013 Southwest Super Lawyer, and was named among the 2013 Best Lawyers in America, alongside nearly two-thirds of his fellow G&K shareholders.
Having chaired the multi-year State Bar committee project that oversaw the revision of Arizona’s corporate statutes including the nonprofit corporation code, Mr. Thompson’s practice also includes advising businesses as to various aspects of corporate governance and operation, as well as representing nonprofit organizations, including healthcare-related organizations, country clubs, and civic and community organizations.
- Representing a major highway and general construction company in the acquisition of a Southwest construction company.
- Serving as lead counsel in the sale of a privately-held technology company to a multinational company.
- Representing the Hualapai Indian Tribe in connection with development and operation of tribal enterprises and infrastructure, including the Grand Canyon “Skywalk” viewing bridge.
- Advising with respect to reorganization of a multi-disciplinary physician practice and its related hospital and healthcare organizations.
- Negotiating agreements for construction and operation of regional and community water and wastewater transportation, treatment and distribution facilities.
- Representing the Arizona Cardinals National Football League team in financing for the University of Phoenix Stadium.
- Representing the Arizona Diamondbacks Major League Baseball team in financing for Chase Field.
- Representing large, multi-office physician practices in the negotiation of agreements with hospitals, payors, vendors and others.