Bob Connolly is based in the Louisville office where he previously served as Chair of the firm. He currently serves as General Counsel to the firm. He has been with the firm since 1980 and is a member of the firm's Business Litigation Section and the Torts & Insurance Practice Service Group.
Bob has tried more than 80 cases to jury verdicts in several states. He has also argued before every appellate court in the federal and state courts of Kentucky. His practice includes defending complex product liability claims and construction and commercial disputes. He has also had experience in administrative, OSHA, insurance, and admiralty claims.
Bob also served as a Special Justice on the Kentucky Supreme Court, Greene, et. al. v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Administrative Office of the Courts, et. al., 349 S.W.3d 892 (KY September 22, 2011).
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- Legal Maneuvering: How the pandemic has forced Louisville law firms to rethink the workplace, By Sarah Shadburne, Louisville Business First, November 27, 2020
- Stites leader Robert Connolly on how his office manages the state of downtown, By Chris Larson, Louisville Business First, October 13, 2020
- Legal Services: Tech Proves Its Case, by Mark Green, The Lane Report, September 18, 2020
- GUEST COMMENT: What businesses need to look for with Covid-19 liability, Louisville Business First, August 14, 2020, with Douglas B. Bates and Ashley N. Goins
- Market Review: Louisville legal community helps array of clients navigate COVID-19 impact, by Greg Paeth, The Lane Report, August 4, 2020
- Ky. Law Firm Leaders' Verdict for 2020: More Growth, The Lane Report, February 3, 2020
- Kentucky Legal Education Opportunity (KLEO) Program, Founding Member
- The Nature Conservancy (TNC), Kentucky Chapter, Board of Trustees (2020-present)
- Downtown Louisville Rotary Club, Member
- Jefferson Street Baptist Church, Past President