Paul Slager represents plaintiffs in cases stemming from catastrophic events involving medical malpractice, violent crimes, serious accidents, defective consumer products and sexual abuse and harassment. He also represents individuals pursuing whistleblower actions, where an individual or company has defrauded the government, and represents small businesses and individuals on a contingent fee basis in significant business disputes. His cases are designed to balance injustices and cause important institutional changes to improve public safety.
Paul has been recognized by his peers as a forceful and ethical advocate. Some recent examples of this recognition include:
- New England Super Lawyers lists Paul as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in the six-state Northeast region, based on ratings and evaluation by attorneys and judges.
- Connecticut Super Lawyers lists Paul as one of the Top 50 Super Lawyers in the State, again based on peer ratings.
- The Connecticut Law Tribune profiled Paul as one of the Dozen Connecticut Attorneys Who Made A Difference in 2011.
- Paul is listed in the national edition of The Best Lawyers in America, the oldest peer review publication in the legal profession.
- Martindale-Hubbell has rated Paul as "AV Preeminent," the highest available rating of legal ability and ethical standards, based entirely on peer reviews by attorneys and judges familiar with his work.
- Connecticut Magazine, Connecticut Super Lawyers and New England Super Lawyers have listed Paul as a Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer every year the lists have been published, starting in 2006.
- The National Trial Lawyers (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association) has listed Paul as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Connecticut since 2008.