Law Offices of Pullano & Farrow PLLC
Health Care Professionals
Health Systems and Hospitals
Government and Internal Investigations
Patrick Pullano, a founding member of the firm, provides counsel to a wide range of health care providers, including nursing homes, hospitals, physician organizations, and individual physician practitioners. His experience includes the following:
Advising skilled nursing facilities and other health care clients on issues concerning resident admission, third-party medical assistance coverage (Medicare and Medicaid), and reimbursement matters.
Advising and representing physicians and other health care providers in all aspects of their business and corporate transactions, including representing physicians in their employment agreement negotiations with prospective employers and in the purchase and sale of their medical practices.
Reviewing and drafting admission and vendor service agreements for health care clients.
Attending agency hearings regarding medical assistance eligibility issues and representing clients in the negotiation and litigation of health care matters.
Advising clients on matters of regulatory compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse laws and in the development of compliance programs, including HIPAA compliance programs.
• Albany Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1995
• University of Rochester, B.A., summa cum laude, 1992
• United States District Court, Western District of New York
• United States District Court, Northern District of New York
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
• Board Member, Greentopia
• Member, Advisory Board, Seniorsfirst Communities & Services
• Member, New York State Bar Association
• Member, Monroe County Bar Association
• Member, American Health Lawyers Association
• Committee Member, Mary M. Gooley Hemophilia Center, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the treatment and cure of inherited blood disorders
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care Law in 2013.
• Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care Law in 2014.
• Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care Law in 2015.
Speaker, HIPAA Privacy & Security Rules, Genesee Health Facilities Association, Rochester, NY, June 12, 2013.
Current and Emerging Challenges in Healthcare, Medical Education & Information Association (MEDIA), Owego, NY, June 16, 2011 and June 6, 2012.
Speaker, Physician Employment Agreements, Physician Employment Contracts, and How to Buy Into a Practice, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Family Medicine Residents, December 2011.
Speaker, Exclusions/The Elder Justice Act, Genesee Health Facilities Association (Nursing Facility Association), Rochester, NY, August 10, 2011.
Speaker, The Anatomy of Recovery Audit Contractors (RAC) and RAC Audits, Medical Group Management Association, Webinar, March 8, 2011.
Speaker, Accountable Care Organizations, Genesee Health Facilities Association (Nursing Facility Association), Rochester, NY, February 18, 2011.
Speaker, Medical Records Law in New York, Lorman Educational Services, Buffalo, NY, July 14, 2009.
Speaker, HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules Update, Rochester Business Alliance, Rochester, NY, July 17, 2009.
Speaker, Medical Practice Boot Camp: A Primer on Medico Legal and Business Management Issues, Medical Group Management Association, Owego, NY, May 6, 2009.
Speaker, Nuts and Bolts of Creating an Ambulatory Surgery Center, New York State Bar Association, Holiday Inn Airport, November 5, 2005.
• Author, White on New York Corporations – Article 15, Professional Service Corporations, 2005.
• Author, Health Care Compliance Manual by the Health Care of Great Lakes Law, Lexis Nexis 2004 – Chapter 2 Legal Overview – Civil Statutes (co-written with Mary E. Ross, Esq.).