Michele’s career in commercial leasing, real estate acquisition, disposition, and financing spans nearly 30 years, 12 of which were as in house counsel to one of Hawai‘i’s largest real estate companies; an experience that gives her a practical perspective with unique insight on client service.
Michele’s law practice has covered a wide range of areas including extensive retail, industrial, and office leasing, acquisitions and dispositions of real estate, commercial loan management and workouts for institutional lenders, and commercial loan transactions ranging from $200,000 to $750,000,000.
For more than a decade, Michele served as Associate General Counsel for Alexander & Baldwin, an experience that gives her unique expertise collaborating on projects with various departments and divisions within a large company. This role has also provided Michele with a practical approach to problem solving and helping clients achieve their goals.
- Counsel for shopping center landlords in connection with commercial leases to national and big box tenants
- Counsel for both national and small tenants in shopping centers, offices, and industrial centers
- Counsel for office building and condominium project landlords in connection with leases to office and retail tenants
- Counsel for tenants and landlords in connection with industrial space and ground leases
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Counsel for buyers of $373 million commercial portfolio
- Counsel for buyer of 185K medical office building portfolio
- Counsel for buyer of $130 million residential portfolio
- Counsel for sellers and buyers of various office and industrial buildings
- Counsel for sellers and buyers of various shopping centers
- Counsel for borrower in $400 million corporate financing
- Counsel for borrower in $120 million construction loan
- Counsel for borrower in $177 million construction loan
- Counsel for large institutional Hawai‘i lender in restructuring commercial
- Counsel for large institutional Hawai‘i lender in sales of managed assets
- Counsel for institutional lenders in real estate secured loans, loan