Michael Schiavone has provided legal guidance to businesses for 30 years. He concentrates his practice in the areas of business law, commercial real estate, and estate planning.
Mr. Schiavone is experienced in regularly counseling clients in a wide array of legal matters, including:
- Commercial lending and financial transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate, partnership, and limited liability matters
- Business formation
- Business succession planning
- Contract negotiation and dispute resolution
- Tax planning for businesses and their owners
- Commercial real estate financing and development
- Estate planning
- Sports law
Mr. Schiavone's clients come form a wide range of industries, including banks and financial institutions, hotel and hospitality chains, franchises, health care, manufacturing and distribution companies, and professional sports teams.
Mr. Schiavone is chairman of the firm's Business and Corporate Practice Area and a member of the firm's Management Committee. He is fluent in Italian.
In the News
Click on any of the headlines below to read the articles featuring Mr. Schiavone.
Representative Clients & Matters
- Counsel to Buffalo Bills in connection with game day stadium operations, lease negotiations, sponsorship
matters, intellectual property issues and employment matters
- Represent clients in the hospitality industry in a multitude of legal matters including all aspects of
construction and development, financing, franchise matters, purchases and sales
- Advise automobile dealers in franchise and financing matters, including purchases and sales of dealerships
- Counsel to several manufacturing and distribution companies; advising on matters including
supply/distribution agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Counsel to several closely held family businesses; advising on numerous matters including facilitation of
business succession planning and intergenerational transfers
- Represent businesses in all facets of mergers and acquisitions
- Assist corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies in connection with the preparation of
shareholder’s agreements, partnership agreements and operating agreements
- Advise clients in connection with all aspects of business formation, operations and disposition: including
related tax matters
- Represent clients in connection with zoning and site plan approval as well as financing for construction
projects, which include new home subdivision approval, office buildings, hotels, retail operations and medical