Michael R. Griffinger - a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and the American Bar Foundation - has been an active litigator for over 45 years. His practice is focused primarily on sophisticated corporate and commercial disputes, securities litigation, and antitrust matters. He represents major United States and foreign corporations from numerous industries, including manufacturing, railroad, automobile, food, financial, telecommunications, and pharmaceutical. He is experienced in both jury and non-jury trials as well as class action and derivative litigation. Regularly included in the Best Lawyers
® annual guide, Mr. Griffinger has been selected for inclusion by his peers in the 2014 edition in seven different categories. He has also been listed in the most recent editions of New Jersey Super Lawyers
and Chambers USA
and received the New Jersey State Bar Foundation's Medal of Honor Award in 2013.
Mr. Griffinger has conducted trials and hearings in federal and state courts in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, California and Nevada.
Highlights of his career include:
- Listed in Best Lawyers for over 20 years.
- For 2014, listed in seven categories:
- Appellate Practice (Complex Assets, Defendants, Federal, Fiduciary Duties, Litigation)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation (Defendants)
- Commercial Litigation (Antitrust, Bankruptcy, Business Disputes, Civil Litigation, Complex Litigation, Defendants, Fraud, Large Case Litigation, Securities)
- Litigation - Antitrust o Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Securities o Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and American Bar Foundation.
- Top tier for Commercial Litigation in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
"Interviewees confirm the 'outstanding talents' of first-rate commercial litigation partner Michael Griffinger, who is well versed in helping companies from myriad sectors in seeing off litigious threats. 'We have nothing to say except only the most glowing of words,' sources report."
“Michael Griffinger is a fixture of the New Jersey Bar and offers expertise in securities, bankruptcy and antitrust litigation. Sources say he is ‘very thoughtful and substantively strong. He has earned his reputation and doesn't take it for granted.’”
- Listed by Super Lawyers as #1 Lawyer (Top Point-Getter) in New Jersey (2011).
- Listed by Super Lawyers as #2 Lawyer (2014).
- Chairman, New Jersey State Bar Association Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee (2009-10).
- Chairman of Board of Trustees, Volunteer Lawyers for Justice (2007-10).
- Recipient, William J. Brennan Jr. Award, Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey (2010).
- Recipient, Trial Attorneys of New Jersey Trial Bar Award (2010).