Lisa M. Kaderabek focuses her practice on captive insurance, risk transfer, reinsurance and related matters for health care entities and other businesses. Other practice areas include health care transactions, including securities offerings, joint ventures, physician/hospital syndications, tax-exempt bond financings, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, corporate governance and formation.
Lisa advises and represents a wide variety of clients, including
- Captive insurance industry participants
- Segregated portfolio companies
- Risk purchasing groups and risk retention groups
- Reinsurance counterparties
- Health systems, hospitals, physician groups and other health care providers
- Issuers and underwriters of privately offered securities, including bonds
- Business corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships
Lisa lectures frequently on exemptions from securities laws, corporate governance, and the impact of federal and state securities laws on health care and captive insurance transactions.
- Areas of captive insurance experience include de novo formations of onshore and offshore captives, including segregated cell companies, risk retention groups and risk purchasing groups; captive mergers, redomicilings and wind-ups; loss portfolio transfers/risk assumption agreements; reinsurance, reinsurance trust and collateral arrangements; captive governance; group captive disclosure documents; captive shareholder and participation agreements; captive service provider arrangements; captive investment funds, investment policies and investment management agreements; onshore/offshore activity advice; and structural analysis
- Areas of health care experience include physician offerings; surgery center formation and governance; hospital and physician group mergers and acquisitions; clinical affiliations and joint ventures; financing, investment and tax-exempt bond arrangements; reinsurance of managed care risks; and broad contractual experience