John Funk is a commercial transaction attorney whose practice is primarily focused on commercial lending, real estate, acquisitions, and business transactions. He has substantial experience in representing financial institutions in commercial lending transactions of all types, including loans related to income producing properties, real estate development and construction, hospitals and health care businesses, farm and ranch including cattle feeding, asset based lending, and oil and gas. Mr. Funk also has an active practice in real estate sales, acquisitions, and leasing transactions.
John has lectured on a variety of legal topics related to business transactions at seminars conducted by professional organizations. He currently serves as General Counsel/Risk Manager for the firm, and is a member of the firm’s Banking and Real Estate Practice Group. John’s achievements have resulted in inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the categories of Banking and Real Estate Law.
- Represented a bank client in a USDA guaranteed loan for construction of a hospital
- Represented a bank client in an acquisition/construction loan for a retail shopping center
- Served as local counsel for the tax equity investor in a 298-megawatt wind farm project
- Represented various real estate owners/developers in real estate purchase and sale transactions
- Represented a bank client in a construction loan for a multi-tenant student housing project
- Represented an individual in negotiations with an oil and gas company and private equity investor regarding employment as CEO and receipt of management incentive units
- Represented various clients in connection with the sale of mineral interests
- Advised client and prepared a Tenant In Common Agreement for ownership of an office building among tenants in common
- Represented a bank client in connection with the sale of a real estate loan and assignment of loan documents
- Represented a bank client in connection with a line of credit and mortgage term loan to an affiliated group of assisted living centers in multiple states
- Assisted a bank client with the termination of a data processing agreement and related deconversion issues
- Prepared enforceability opinions as local counsel for various borrowers in commercial lending transactions