I provide commercial bankruptcy and creditors' rights advice to clients affected by potential or actual insolvency proceedings, including bankruptcy litigation, all while serving my clients' broader needs. Together with other attorneys in my firm, I represent secured and unsecured lenders, trustees, receivers, committees and selected commercial debtors. My law firm's tax, corporate finance, litigation and real estate attorneys enable me to provide comprehensive legal solutions to our business clients. I do a significant amount of strategic and general business planning to a wide range of companies and their owners, as well as dispute resolution assistance, to clients in our business and litigation practices. I have served as a mediator, bankruptcy examiner and have been a Chapter 7 trustee.
I am the Past Executive Committee Chair of the Washington State Bar Association’s Creditor/Debtor's Rights Section. I also am the Past Executive Committee Chair of the Mediation Program for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington. I have been the Chair and President of the Turnaround Management Association.
I am an Honorary Member of the Turnaround Hall of Fame and a regular author and speaker on commercial insolvency and turnaround topics. Examples of recent and ongoing work include:
- Assisted major national transportation firm with complex issues associated with insolvency of related party, including valuation and claims resolution
- Represented senior secured lender with debt realization needs on significant urban condominium tower project
- Represented 75% equity owner of regional grocer as to all issues arising within grocer’s Chapter 11
- Assisted multi-family property management enterprise with total restructuring of over $200,000,000 of secured debt on 73 apartment buildings
- Assisted regional investment advisory firm with services associated with involuntary bankruptcies of several related investment funds
- Led teams in several distressed asset acquisitions of commercial properties and operating entities
- Representing courtappointed receiver managing a wide array of multi-state apartment properties