Jill Wilson represents numerous public school boards of education, private educational institutions, and colleges and universities on a wide range of education issues and in litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts. She has advised and/or litigated on all aspects of education and the business of education, including merger of school boards, policy generation, funding disputes, civil rights issues, student conduct issues, school assignment, teacher tenure and dismissal, general employment, personal injury, construction and public contracting, and First Amendment issues.
Jill is the approved Counsel for the North Carolina School Board Trust and a frequent presenter at the University of North Carolina School of Government, formerly the North Carolina Institute of Government, the Principals' Executive Program, and the North Carolina School Board Association.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White in Education Law (2008-2020), Employment Law--Management (2016-2020)
- Named by her peers as a North Carolina "Super Lawyer" in Schools & Education Law (2006-11, 2018-2019); Top 50 Female Lawyer (2008-2009); Law & Politics magazine
- Included in the American City Business Journals' Influencers: Law list (2018)
- Named one of Triad Business Journal's "Outstanding Women in Business" (2018)
- Ann Majestic Award for Distinguished Service, presented by the Education Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association, 2017
- Women of Justice Award, 2012, presented by Lawyers Weekly North Carolina
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Litigation and Insurance Section, American Bar Association
- President, North Carolina Council of School Attorneys, 2002
- Chair, Greensboro Young Lawyers
- Chair, Friends of the Jackson Library, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Chair, Greenhill Center for North Carolina Art
- Dinner Chair, National Conference of Community and Justice (NCCJ), 2002