CONCENTRATION. Jason Stone is a shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm in the Business Law Division.
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION. Chambers USA 2009, Corporate/M&A, Iowa Up and Coming; The Best Lawyers in America 2010, Tax Law.
• Advising one of the nation's largest federated cooperatives on tax-free reorganizations, liquidations and joint ventures;
• Advising a publicly traded diversified financial services company on tax-free reorganizations, debt offerings and compensation matters;
• Advising a publicly traded manufacturing company on critical federal income tax issues;
• Advising a publicly traded media company on tax-free exchanges of personal property;
• Advising leading real estate companies on various corporate and tax matters;
• Advising buyers and sellers on acquisitions and dispositions in transactions of various sizes;
• Advising numerous non-profit corporations on compliance matters including federal income tax exemption, intermediate sanctions, and joint-ventures;
• Advising producers, film and motion picture companies on Iowa and Film Tax Credits.
• Advising various business entities on state income, sales and use tax disputes; and
• Advising a community development entity on matters related to the deployment of its initial $45,000,000 and subsequent $50,000,000 New Market Tax Credit Allocation.