The Law Office of Jan T. Aune
Mr. Aune is experienced in all aspects of the litigation process, from the filing of the complaint all the way through a jury trial. Mr. Aune has extensive experience in both state and federal court. From the time our attorney first started practicing law he has worked hard to stand out in the way he treats his clients with the personalized customer service you receive. We cater to your needs and treat you like a member of the family. We are here to provide high quality and aggressive legal representation to you and your family in Los Angeles California. We also provide legal representation in Orange County, Riverside County, and San Bernardino County, and also across the state of California if needed.
We represent private sector employees in single plaintiff and multi-plaintiff litigation involving discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon age, race, disability, gender, sex, pregnancy, and race.
We represent public sector employees in single plaintiff and multi-plaintiff litigation involving discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon age, race, disability, gender, sex, pregnancy, and race.
We represent employees in Disability Discrimination cases involving failure engage in the interactive process, failure to accommodate, disability discrimination, harassment based upon disability, retaliation, and wrongful termination. This includes cases brought under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Rehabilitation Act.
We represent employees in Age Discrimination cases under the FEHA and under the federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act.We represent employees in Race Discrimination cases under the FEHA, Article I, Section 8 of the California Constitution, and for federal claims under Title VII and Chapter 42 U.S.C. Section 1981.
We represent employees for Whistleblower Retaliation claims in both state and federal court, including violations California Labor Code Section 1102.5 Whistleblower Retaliation and the False Claims Act, including Qui Tam Actions under the Unites States Code.
We provide representation for employment contracts, including severance packages. We represent federal employees including representation in EEO system and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
We represent employers and businesses in their employment law issues, including the preparation and negotiation of contracts, wage and hour issues, classifying exempt salaried employees, classifying independent contractors.We represent employees and employers before the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board.
The outcome of your case is important to us. Get the sound legal advice you require by contacting The Law Office of Jan T. Aune in Los Angeles, CA.
$1.5M Federal Jury Verdict in Whistleblower Case
On February 28, 2019 a federal jury of eight (8) jurors returned a unanimous verdict of 8 to 0 and awarded damages in the amount of $1,505,561 for the whistleblower Plaintiff. Plaintiff is represented by The Law Office of Jan T. Aune in this case which involves both federal and state whistleblower claims. The Trial Attorney was Jan Aune. Here is a link to information to the verdict including the current appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit: https://aunelaw.com/whistleblower-case/
The jurors deliberated for approximately fourteen (14) hours, over a three-day period, before reaching a verdict. Since this jury trial took place in U.S. District Court the jury had to return a unanimous verdict for the Plaintiff to prevail, which it did. Trial Attorney Jan Aune, and The Law Office of Jan T. Aune, thanks the eight (8) jurors who were selected to make-up the jury, the two alternate jurors, and all of the prospective jurors who participated in the jury selection process as part of their federal jury duty.
Please see below for honors and awards Mr. Aune received for obtaining the $1,505,561 verdict.
HONORS, AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
The $1,505,561 Federal Jury Verdict obtained by Mr. Aune on all three federal and state whistleblower claims was the recipient of numerous honors, awards, and publications in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, India, and other locations from around the world. The full list of Honors, Awards, and Publications can be accessed by clicking on this link https://aunelaw.com/whistleblower-case/ Here are summaries of some of them:
1. "TopVerdict.com" included the verdict as a winner on its list of the Top 10 Whistleblower Retaliation Verdicts in the United States in 2019.
2. "TopVerdict.com" included the verdict as a winner on its list of the Top 50 Labor & Employment Verdicts in the United States in 2019. The verdict was No. 49 on the list. Here is a link to the list that was published in January 2021: https://topverdict.com/lists/2019/united-states/top-50-labor-employment-verdicts
3 "TopVerdict.com" included the verdict as a winner on its list of the Top 50 Wrongful Termination Verdicts in the United States in 2019.
4. "TopVerdict.com" included the verdict as a winner on its list of the Top 100 Labor & Employment Law Verdicts in the United States in 2019. The verdict was No. 49 on the list. Here is a link to the list that was published in January 2021: http://topverdict.com/lists/2019/united-states/top-100-labor-employment-verdicts
5. "TopVerdict.com" included the verdict as a winner on its list of the Top 100 Verdicts in Los Angeles County in 2019. Specifically, the $1,505,561 Federal Jury Verdict was Number 58 on the list. The verdict was No. 58 on the list. Here is a link to the list that was published in November 2020: https://topverdict.com/lists/2019/california/los-angeles/top-100-verdicts
6. "TopVerdict.com" included the verdict as a winner of a place on Top Verdict's list of California's Top 50 Labor & Employment Verdicts in 2019. Specifically, the $1,505,561 Federal Jury Verdict was Number 25 on the list.
Here is the link to Top Verdict's list with Mr. Aune's $1.5M Federal Jury Verdict being number 25 on the list Top Verdict's Top 50 California Labor & Employment Verdicts for 2019 https://topverdict.com/lists/2019/california/top-50-labor-employment-verdicts
7. The City of Lancaster California issued a Commendation to Mr. Aune for the $1,505,561 federal jury verdict,. The Commendation was signed by Mayor R. Rex Parris on April 30, 2019. Mayor Parris is a preeminent trial lawyer in the state of California.
8."VerdictSeach" included the verdict in Vol. 18, Issue 11, on March 4, 2019. The article can be accessed below. The verdict was listed under Employment - Whistlerblower - Retaliation and was one of the two U.S. District Court (federal court) jury verdicts included in the issue, with all of the other verdicts being from California state court.
9.The prestigious "Daily Journal" included the verdict in its "Verdicts & Settlements" section on April 19, 2019.
10. "Jury Verdict Alert" published an article on the Federal Whistleblower Verdict. Jury Verdict Alert publishes civil jury verdicts obtained in California in state and federal court. The publication has approximately 10,000 trial lawyers as subscribers. http://www.juryverdictalert.com/jury-verdicts/item/whistleblower/whistle-blower?