Brittany Cross Carlson is an attorney in the Louisville office, where she is a member of the Torts & Insurance Practice Service Group. Her practice includes drug and medical device litigation, products liability, medical malpractice, and personal injury defense.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- Civic, community leaders from across state celebrate Leadership Kentucky Class of 2020, virtual graduation, Northern Kentucky Tribune, December 17, 2020
- Products Liability Desk Reference: A Fifty State Compendium, co-author of Kentucky Chapter, 2020, 2021, 2022 with Jennifer Henry Jackson
- Compelling Discovery for Foreign Arbitrations, Products Liability Litigation Newsletter, American Bar Association, August 10, 2015
- Predictability in Punitive Damages: Considering the Use of Punitive Damages Multipliers, co-author, Defense Counsel Journal, International Assoc. of Defense Counsel, October 2012
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Products Liability Year in Review, ABA Joint Products Liability, Mass Torts, and Environmental CLE, Hollywood, Fla., January 2012
- Defend national retailer against contract, product, and premises liability claims in state and federal court.
- Defending an international medical device manufacturer as a member of the national and regional counsel teams for various devices.
- Develop discovery strategy and coordinating large-scale e-discovery productions for international medical device manufacturer.
- Defend Kentucky-area hospitals and physicians in medical malpractice litigation.
- Kentucky personal injury counsel for leading international beverage manufacturer.
- Asia Institute - Crane House, Secretary
- St. Joseph Montessori Children's Center, Board of Directors
- Leadership Kentucky, Class of 2020
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Program, Volunteer Attorney
- Daughters of the American Revolution, John Marshall Chapter Member
More Than Stites & Harbison
Ms. Carlson joined Stites & Harbison in September 2010 after participating in the firm's summer associate program. Prior to law school, she lived in Chicago where she worked for a litigation consulting and jury research firm. Outside of practicing law, Brittany enjoys overseas travel, cooking for family and friends, and supporting Notre Dame football.