Manning Unger, co-managing member of the firm’s Charleston office, practices in the areas of business, mergers and acquisitions, securities, financial services, economic incentives, and commercial real estate law.
Equipped with an MBA and a law degree, Manning has a passion for helping his clients with business deals and diving into the details to better advise them. His work consists of providing advice structuring, negotiating, documenting, and closing deals, as well as acting as a counselor on various corporate governance matters.
Manning’s broad based transactional experience has included representation of:
- financial institutions, institutional investors, and venture capital funds in their private equity investments and mezzanine/subordinated debt finance transactions
- corporations in connection with public and private finance transactions and corporate governance matters
- real estate developers, investors, and corporations (including national retailers and manufacturers) in connection with the construction, purchase, refinancing, leasing, and selling of raw land, condominiums, apartment complexes, retail shopping centers, stand-alone retail facilities office complexes, and manufacturing and distribution centers
- financial institutions in connection with both construction and real estate acquisition loans as well as in connection with commercial lines of credit and term loans
- national and multi-national corporations in negotiating and obtaining tax incentives from the State of South Carolina and its political subdivisions for locating in or relocating to South Carolina
- public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions, and in joint venture, securities, and general corporate and contractual matters