Felicia Gerber Perlman represents clients in a variety of complex business reorganizations, debt restructurings and insolvency matters. Ms. Perlman has advised debtors, creditors, lenders, investors, sellers, purchasers and other parties-in-interest in all stages of restructuring transactions from Chapter 11 reorganizations to out-of-court negotiations, workouts and acquisitions. She is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy topics. In addition, she has been recognized in Turnarounds & Workoutsas one of the nation’s “Outstanding Young Bankruptcy Lawyers” and repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Businessand The Best Lawyers in America.
Ms. Perlman has represented a diversified group of clients, including:
- LifeCare Holdings, Inc., an operator of long-term acute care hospitals, and its debtor affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware;
- the unsecured creditors’ committee of AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines, in the company’s Chapter 11 reorganization (recognized in the Corporate & Commercial category in the Financial Times’ 2013 U.S. “Innovative Lawyers” report);
- VeraSun Energy Corp., one of the nation’s largest producers of ethanol, in connection with its Chapter 11 reorganization and the sale of its business;
- Comdisco, Inc., a global provider of technology and other equipment and services, in its Chapter 11 reorganization;
- Enesco International, Inc., a leader in the designing, manufacturing and marketing of licensed and propriety branded gift ware;
- Favorite Brands International, Inc., a manufacturer of candies and confectioneries, in connection with its Chapter 11 reorganization and the sale of its business;
- McLeodUSA Incorporated, one of the nation’s largest independent telecommunications service providers, in its prepackaged Chapter 11 filing;
- Montgomery Ward, LLC, one of the nation’s largest retail organizations, in its Chapter 11 reorganization;
- Orius Corp., a nationwide provider of technical expertise and comprehensive network and infrastructure solutions to the telecommunications and broadband industries, in its prepackaged Chapter 11 case;
- Reliant Resources, Inc., a provider of electricity and related services, in its successful out-of-court restructuring; and
- Tokheim Corporation, the world’s largest designer, manufacturer and seller of electronic and mechanical petroleum marketing and sales systems in its prepackaged bankruptcy, as well as in its subsequent Chapter 11 case resulting in the sale of its U.S. and international operations.
Ms. Perlman also has represented creditors and other parties in interest in troubled situations. She has represented Credit Suisse First Boston, JPMorgan Chase and other lenders as agents in Chapter 11 cases both as DIP lenders and as prepetition lenders.