Eugenia Yudanin focuses her practice on tax planning for businesses, high net worth individuals and charities, including acquisition, disposition and restructuring of business entities, real estate transactions, estate planning and charitable giving. She has advised clients in connection with the formation, operation and disposition of their businesses, as well as employment arrangements, executive compensation and business succession planning.
Eugenia has extensive experience in gift and estate planning, including generation-skipping transfer tax planning, formation of charitable foundations and estate administration. She has also represented clients in federal and state income tax, gift tax and estate/inheritance tax controversies.
- Structuring business operations
- Negotiating and drafting shareholders, partnership and limited liability company agreements
- Drafting tax disclosures and agreements relating to corporate reorganizations, partnership restructurings, UPREITs, stock and debt offerings, and tender offers
- Structuring executive compensation arrangements, including qualified and nonqualified stock option plans, employment agreements, severance agreements and deferred compensation agreements
- Structuring and representation of real estate ventures, including qualification for federal low income housing tax credits and New Jersey PILOT programs
- Representation of nonprofit organizations and real estate investment trusts
- Income tax planning for trusts and estates
- Tax planning for divorce and separation
- Estate planning, including drafting Wills and trusts
- Preparation of gift tax returns and representation of donors in connection with federal gift tax audits
- Estate administration, including preparation of estate tax returns and inheritance tax returns
- Representation of estates in connection with federal and state audits
- Preparation of private letter ruling requests
- Negotiation and litigation of tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and state tax authorities