Eric Schoenfeld is Chair of Tannenbaum Helpern's Real Estate and Construction Law practice. He has more than twenty-five years of experience advising real estate investors, developers, private equity funds, and business organizations on a wide range of real estate transactions including the acquisition, financing, development, leasing and sale of various commercial real estate assets such as shopping centers, office and multi-family projects, warehouse and industrial facilities and hotels, located both in New York City and across the country.
Eric frequently represents:
- national and regional investors in the acquisition and sale of real estate assets
- national and regional investors, developers and private equity funds in the structuring and negotiation of sophisticated joint venture arrangements
- borrowers and lenders in connection with acquisition, permanent and construction loan financings, mezzanine loan financings and other debt structures
- institutional and non-institutional owners of office, telecom and shopping centers in leasing transactions
- corporations and other organizations in their leasing of office, retail and industrial space for business operations and related facility management activities
- Represented prominent New York City developer in connection with acquisition of Long Island College Hospital campus in Brooklyn, New York, and construction loan financing for the development of multiple campus parcels.
- Represented nationally known developer in connection with acquisition, development and financing of a residential condominium and retail mixed-use project in Williamsburg, New York.
- Represented several real estate private equity funds in connection with multiple joint venture real estate investments, including acquisition of office buildings, in Indiana and Massachusetts, acquisition and development of multi-family housing in Florida and Georgia, acquisition of a regional mall in Buffalo, New York, acquisition of hotels in North Carolina, Utah and California, and acquisition of a portfolio of distressed mortgage loans.
- Represented nationally known shopping center owner in connection with a portfolio sale of eighteen shopping centers in the northeast United States to a publicly owned REIT, on a tax deferred basis.
- Represented private investor group in connection with preferred equity investment in a distressed residential and commercial condominium project in the Chelsea area of Manhattan, including restructuring of the construction loan financing and the mezzanine loan.
- Represented seller of majority ownership in waterfront development site in Williamsburg, New York, pursuant to a complex joint venture agreement providing option to seller to maintain an investment in the development on a tax-deferred basis.
- Represented residential developer in connection with acquisition, and construction and mezzanine financing, of a residential and hotel development site in downtown Manhattan, New York, and sale of a portion of the development site to a hotel developer.
- Represented national shopping center developer in connection with a securitized mortgage loan refinancing of six shopping centers in Puerto Rico.
- Represented national real estate investment fund in connection with the acquisition and financing, and subsequent sale, of "Class A" office buildings in Miami, Florida and Hollywood, Florida, in separate transactions.
- Represented international manufacturer in connection with acquisition, financing and development of industrial site in California.
- Represented seller in connection with the portfolio sale of six industrial facilities/warehouses in Southeastern, United States to an institutional real estate fund.
- Represented seller of a hotel in downtown Manhattan, New York to a national public REIT on a tax deferred basis.
- Represented institutional owner of Manhattan office building in connection with more than twelve separate lease transactions.
- Represented publicly owned, international, retail tenant in connection with more than twenty separate lease transactions throughout the United States.
- New York State Bar Association Real Property Law Section
- International Council of Shopping Centers