Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Mr. del Hierro is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group of Kirkland & Ellis and heads our bank regulatory practice. He has more than 20 years of experience in representing banks and bank holding companies, thrifts and thrift holding companies, investment banks and institutional lenders in connection with regulatory issues relating to capital formation transactions, mergers and acquisitions and complex financings. He has significant experience representing private equity and other investors in both control and non-control investments in financial institutions and advises some of the largest banks in the United States in the design and development of capital-qualified debt and equity products.
Mr. del Hierro also advises clients, including institutions and directors and officers, with respect to regulatory compliance issues, enforcement actions, bank insolvency matters and governmental investigations.
His representative clients include JPMorgan Chase and U.S. Bank, among others.
Since joining Kirkland:
· Numerous non-control investments by private equity funds in bank and thrift holding companies involving capital commitments ranging from $40 million to $1.5 billion
· Representation of several bank holding companies in connection with capital investments by private equity funds
· Representation of private equity funds in connection with investments in acquisition vehicles focused on acquiring assets and deposits of failed depository institutions using a shelf-charter structure
· Representation of several banks in connection with significant regulatory enforcement actions
· Representation of bank holding companies in connection with direct and indirect investments in private equity funds involving aggregate commitments in excess of $500 million
· Representation of private equity funds in connection with investments in financial services businesses including an investment in an asset management business with significant regulated trust operations
· Representation of a bank holding company in connection with its reorganization after the failure of its bank subsidiary
· Representation of a money center bank in connection with the restructuring of credit facilities to financially distressed bank and thrift holding companiesPrior to joining Kirkland, Mr. del Hierro was the co-head of a financial institutions group that is listed by SNL Securities as the top firm in the nation in announced bank and thrift business combination transactions for 2009 and in the top 5 in the nation in number of announced bank and thrift business combination transactions over the five year period ending 2008.