Ed Lowther has a trial-oriented practice and focuses his attention on class action and multidistrict litigation, commercial litigation, legal and medical malpractice defense and products liability. He has served as lead trial counsel, in both state and federal courts, representing individuals and companies alike.
Lowther is the Managing Partner of Wright Lindsey Jennings. He began his professional legal career as an associate with Wright Lindsey Jennings in 1981, and has remained with the firm throughout his legal career. He has developed a reputation as an exceptional and respected litigator.
Some of Lowther’s more recent experience includes:
- Trial counsel for a major agricultural company in multimillion-dollar negligence cases.
- Trial counsel for an automobile manufacturer in multiple product liability actions.
- Trial counsel for a major hospital system in malpractice actions.
- Lead counsel for both a healthcare system and a large rental company in consumer class actions.
- Counsel for an international oil and gas company in litigation resulting from a release of oil from an interstate pipeline, including multiple class actions.
Lowther is an experienced seminar speaker on various topics including personal injury, malpractice, and product liability defense. He has served as two-term chairman of the Arkansas Supreme Court, Committee on Model Jury Instructions – Civil which is responsible for drafting model instructions for civil litigation in the State of Arkansas.