Dave Roettgers is a Shareholder in the Milwaukee office of von Briesen & Roper, s.c. He focuses his practice on the purchase and sale of businesses, taxation, corporate finance and business law. He is a Certified Public Accountant and uses his prior experience at Arthur Andersen LLP where he provided tax planning and business advice for individual and business clients.
Representative Matters and Experience
- Representation of families and owners in all types of business planning including the transition of the business to the next generation, financing, and restructuring.
- Business sales/purchase transactions of all types and sizes, loan agreements, distributor agreements, sales representative agreements, non-compete, joint ventures and employment agreements.
- Represented a management team’s purchase of a division of a public company.
- Representation of an ownership group in a partial sale of a $200 million enterprise value company to a private equity firm.
- Sale of a division of a business that supports heavy manufacturing and a related entity owning real estate. The purchase price was approximately $30 million.
- Structured joint venture with a partner in Mexico, including ownership and manufacturing agreements.
- Representation of a master limited partnership in the role-up of several partnerships to a single entity.
- Structuring limited liability company partnership tax structures.
- Evaluation and planning of a transaction to minimize tax effects of debt relief at both the corporate and individual levels.
- Designed business structures to maximize tax benefits and legal protection for multi-state businesses.
- Tax planning with respect to the purchase and sale of partnership interests and the overall effects on the potential partnership tax dissolution rules