Christopher Riley has practiced law for over 31 years and has significant experience in employment law, real estate law and oil and natural gas matters. He also counsels educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and public agencies on a variety of issues, with a focus on employment matters.
- Regularly collaborates with wealth management and tax professionals on estate planning and administration matters.
- Works in conjunction with the firm's health care practice group on employment, transactions and privacy matters for providers.
- Represents clients concerning employment matters, working in conjunction with benefits, ERISA and litigation practice groups.
- Represents developers in commercial leasing, site development, financing and purchase and sale transactions for retail, restaurant, hotel, business and industrial.
- Counsel for water and sewer system extensions projects serving The Highlands and the Dallas Pike area of Ohio County; represents developers and utilities for water and sewer extensions for residential and commercial real estate developments throughout Ohio County.
- Served as special attorney general for West Virginia Northern Community College on $1 million-plus expansion project in downtown Wheeling.
- Member of National Association of College and University Attorneys providing representation on higher education matters.
- Represented grantee on American Recovery and Reinvestment Act project, funded by the Economic Development Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce, for $8 million installation and expansion of Water Main extension, one million-gallon water storage tank and pumping station.
- Site acquisition for new school [$32 million Cameron High School and Middle School in Marshall County, West Virginia].
- Mechanics liens for construction contractors and for driller on oil, gas and minerals.
- Certified and approved as local counsel and Public Service Commission Attorney by the West Virginia Infrastructure and Development Council.
- Argued before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Title agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, including owners and lenders policies for financing, purchase and leasing transactions at The Highlands.