Anselmi and Carvelli, LLP
Bruce I. Goldstein, a Member of the Firm, focuses his practice on litigation where he has gained a reputation as a take-charge litigator managing large complex cases. He also focuses on defending companies and individuals who are targets of white collar criminal investigations as well as representing and defending law firms.
Mr. Goldstein was appointed by the United States District Court, District of New Jersey as Chair of a Merit Selection Panel to consider the appointment of a United States Magistrate Judge for the Trenton Vicinage for the District of New Jersey. He was awarded the Justice William J. Brennan, Jr. Award in 2009 by the Association of the Federal Bar of NJ for his contributions to the legal profession, the 2007 Judge Learned Hand Award for Humanitarianism by the American Jewish Committee and the 2007 New Jersey Bar Association’s Professional Lawyer of the Year Award for Essex County. His lifelong commitment to teaching and trial advocacy was recognized by the Trial Advocacy Institute of the University of Virginia School of Law by conferring on Mr. Goldstein the Justice William J. Brennan Award for Trial Advocacy.
He is also very active in the community and serves on the Council of Trustees of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center. He has also been honored by a variety of professional and civic organizations throughout his distinguished career.
Mr. Goldstein demonstrated his legal prowess from the very beginning of his career starting out as an Assistant U.S. Attorney who was quickly promoted to Chief of Special Prosecutions and then to Executive Assistant U.S. Attorney where he was responsible for the prosecution of political corruption. In recognition of his accomplishments, the Department of Justice conferred on him the Attorney General’s Distinguished Service Award, an award which is conferred on an annual basis to only one federal prosecutor in the United States.
Mr. Goldstein has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for the last ten years and New Jersey Super Lawyers since its inception in 2005. He was listed as one of “The Top 100 New Jersey Super Lawyers” by New Jersey Super Lawyers in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. Mr. Goldstein was selected for inclusion in the 2008 and 2009 editions of New York Super Lawyers and has also been listed in Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
He is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as both a civil and criminal trial attorney.
Related Affiliations and Organizations
· Member, Lawyers’ Advisory Committee of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
· Member, Lawyers’ Advisory Committee of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
· Master, Brennan-Vanderbilt Inns of Court
· Member, Special New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Telephonic and Electronic Search Warrants
· Former President; Advisory Board, Member, Association of the Federal Bar of the State of New Jersey
· Member, New Jersey Supreme Committee on Bench.Bar.Media, Member (appointed by Former Chief Justice of New Jersey Supreme Court James R. Zazzali)
· Former Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on the Rules of Criminal Procedure
· Former Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Complex Commercial Subtrack Advisory Committee
· Former Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Trial Attorney Certification Board
· Former Chairperson, New Jersey Supreme Court Fee Arbitration Committee for Essex County
· Faculty, Trial Advocacy Institute of the University of Virginia School of Law, (1982 to present)
· Elected Fellow, American Bar Foundation,
· Elected Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
· Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
· Member, Advisory Committee, Essex County Bar Association
· Former Co-Chair, American Bar Association – Federal Practice Task Force
· Council of Trustees, New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC)
· “United State And Shareholders vs. Corporate Fraud,” The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (February 2010)
· “Roundtable: Part II – Corporate Internal Investigations: Later Stages,” The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (October 2008)
· “Roundtable: Part I – Corporate Internal Investigations: Early Stages,” The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (September 2008)
· “What Employment Lawyers Need to Know About Other Areas of Law,” sponsored by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, March 2010, Edison, New Jersey