Ben Hawfield advises Moore & Van Allen corporate clients in acquisitions and financing transactions, particularly those involving a compromise or restructure of debt. He has significant experience in representing corporations, individuals and lenders in workouts and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Member, Advisory Board, Mecklenburg County Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Member, Executive Committee and Advisory Board, America’s Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, Inc.
- Permanent Member, Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference.
- Chairman, MVA Management Committee (1992 - 2002).
- Chairman, Bankruptcy Section, North Carolina Bar Association (1978 - 1979).
- Member, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee, Queens University of Charlotte (2004 - 2012).
- Former member, Board of Directors and Board of Advisors, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce.
- Member, Board of Governors, North Carolina Bar Association (2003 - 2006).
- Member, Board of Directors, Western North Carolina Conference Board of Pensions, Inc. (2000 - 2008).
- Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps (1972 - 1975).
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell (2012).