Tom Crone has extensive experience representing public and private sector clients in a variety of labor and employment matters and has successfully represented a broad range of employers in over 500 discrimination claims filed at the local, state and federal level. His experience includes:
- Investigating and defending employment discrimination claims, including race, gender, disability, and sexual harassment claims.
- Advising employers on day-to-day employment issues, including preventive employment advice, compliance with local, state and federal employment laws, and wage and hour claims and compliance.
- Drafting and reviewing employee manuals and handbooks.
- Representing employers in union-related matters, including collective bargaining and contract administration, union campaigns, picketing and strike activity, unfair labor practice charges, prohibited practice proceedings, and grievance arbitrations.
- Drafting and enforcing employment contracts and separation agreements.
- Defending unemployment compensation claims.
- Drafting and litigating issues arising under covenants not to compete and non-disclosure agreements.
- Litigating claims involving breach of fiduciary duty and duty of loyalty.
- Preparing and assisting in the implementation and updating of affirmative action plans; advising and assisting clients in connection with local, state and federal audits of such affirmative action plans.