Tom served as the firm's Managing Shareholder from 2009 - 2020. His practice is concentrated in the areas of corporate and business matters, mergers and acquisitions, and school law. Tom's clients include businesses and individuals engaged in manufacturing, distribution, education, long term care, childcare, insurance, as well as non-profit corporations and associations, and public-school districts.
- Lead counsel in merger of two multinational hardware cooperatives involving thousands of retail outlets and combined sales of $5 billion.
- Lead counsel in acquisition of home improvement store chain in bankruptcy.
- Negotiation of many major commercial contracts with clients’ customers, suppliers, landlords, lenders, insurance carriers, and employees.
- Successful negotiation and implementation of complex succession plan, shareholder agreement and recapitalization of family owned manufacturing company.
- Successful recent merger/acquisition work includes transactions in energy, transportation, veterinary, insurance, and childcare industries.
- Serves as solicitor to Mt. Lebanon School District, with extensive experience in all aspects of public education law for over 40 years including public sector labor and employment law, Right to Know Law and Open Meeting Law matters, student matters, bidding and public contracts, tax assessment/collection and public sector finance.