Tom Barnard’s practice focuses on all aspects of labor and employment law, including complex employment litigation, jury trials, administrative hearings, collective bargaining and arbitrations. Tom also has considerable experience representing government entities. Tom has extensive experience handling labor law and employment matters. He has:
- Litigated more than 39 class/collective action cases
- Tried 11 class action/EEOC cases
- Tried at least 46 EEO cases (non-class actions)
- Tried at least 21 EEO jury trials
- Tried at least 4 wrongful discharge/breach of contract jury trials
- Argued 46 cases to various Courts of Appeals and won a case before the U. S. Supreme Court.
- Tried well over 100 arbitrations and hearings before federal and state administrative agencies
Tom previously held significant governmental positions with the U.S. Department of Labor (1968-1971); Deputy Counsel for Litigation, Labor Management Laws, 1970 and Special Counsel to the Solicitor, 1971. Tom also is a frequent national speaker on labor and employment matters and is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Case Western Reserve University School of Law.