Steve Hope, a senior member of the firm's corporate law section, counsels numerous, diverse clients on a wide range of business legal issues, focusing on structuring and negotiating complex merger and acquisition transactions, corporate governance and corporate finance transactions.
His corporate finance experience includes representing borrowers in various loan structures.
Mr. Hope has lectured widely and authored articles for seminars and presentations sponsored by the North Carolina Bar Association and other professional organizations.
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation.
- Named Best Lawyers' 2012 Charlotte Mergers & Acquisitions Law" Lawyer of the Year."
- Member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Grant Review Committee of the Sisters of Mercy of North Carolina Foundation, Inc.
- Past chairman, Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Business Law Section Council, North Carolina Bar Association
- Past member, Business Law Curriculum Committee, North Carolina Bar Foundation
- North Carolina liaison to the American Bar Association Corporate Laws Committee
- Active in civic and cultural activities, having served as:
- Member, Charlotte Country Day School Board of Trustees
- Board Member, Actor's Theatre of Charlotte
- President, Charlotte City Ballet
- Board member, Charlotte Repertory Theatre
- Member, Arts & Science Council Operating Grant Panel