Will Quick is involved in all facets of civil litigation before state and federal courts in North and South Carolina. He works with companies ranging in size from small local businesses to the Fortune 500 level on both the plaintiff and the defense side.
Will also assists businesses with designing and implementing data privacy policies. He also helps companies experiencing breach events with the response and notification process, often coordinating efforts across multiple states. Will is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), and a Board Certified Specialist in Privacy and Information Security Law by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
Publications & Media
- Moderator, "Cybersecurity and Incident Response in a COVID-19 World," International Association of Privacy Professionals KnowledgeNet Raleigh/Durham Chapter, July 16, 2020
- Co-host, "Working from Home with Kids During a Pandemic," North Carolina Bar Association "Mingling with Membership" event, June 10, 2020
- Presenter, "Data Privacy- What's in the Box?," Triangle Marketing Club, December 4, 2018
- Not In My House – California To Regulate IoT Device Security, October 5, 2018
- Presenter, “From Consent to Copyrights: How to Avoid Legal Pitfalls in Your Digital Marketing,” GMA Digital Marketing Institute seminar, August 29, 2018
- Of Course I Meant To Send The Email, But Not To The Criminal - Court Rules That Companies Have A Duty To Train Employees On Cybersecurity Practices, April 11, 2018
- Staying Afloat in the Stream of Commerce: Goodyear, McIntyre, and the Ship of Personal Jurisdiction, 37 N.C.J. Int'l L. & Com. Reg. 547 (2012)
- Delaying a Decision on the Future of North Carolina's Coast: The Sandbag Removal Moratorium and Terminal Groin Study(link is external), UNC Festival of Legal Learning, Envtl. L. Symposium (2010)