Rod focuses his practice in all aspects of land use and planning, including zoning approvals, development master plans, variances, use permits, design review, building permitting, subdivision approvals, general plan amendments, subdivision/platting approvals and development agreements. He represents office developers, hotel developers, master planned community developers, home builders, convenience store developers, large retailers, industrial users, mobile home park owners/operators, highway truck stops, mini-storage, small businesses, thermonuclear plant generators, gas-fired, electromagnetic generators and numerous other entities in connection with their real estate interests.
- Rezoning for a large active adult community (1,000 acres)
- Development master plan and zoning approval for several large (greater than
1,000 acre) community developers
- Obtained zoning approval for a 2100 Megawatt generating station in Maricopa County
- Obtained zoning approvals for auto dealerships in Phoenix
- Obtained zoning approvals and related permits for resort hotels in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Maricopa County and Yavapai County
- Obtained site plan approvals and negotiated development agreements for a large office/retail/hotel complex in downtown Phoenix
- Obtained zoning approvals for a wide variety of commercial retail throughout Maricopa County and the state of Arizona
- Obtained a Phoenix Zoning ordinance text amendment accommodating parking to serve the baseball stadium and revitalize the downtown Phoenix warehouse district
- Obtained zoning/subdivision approval for single-family and multi-family residential developments throughout Maricopa County
- Obtained zoning approval for the largest nuclear power plant in the U.S.
- Obtained various land zoning for the largest mobile home park owner/operator in the U.S.