Rob Teuber is a Shareholder in the Milwaukee office of von Briesen & Roper, s.c. He focuses his practice on tax disputes and controversies for clients nationally, regionally and locally. From a national perspective, Rob assists in resolving IRS tax audits, Tax Court litigation, personal liability assessments, tax collection matters, Offers in Compromise and foreign financial account disclosures. From a state and local perspective, he works with clients to address sales, employment, income and property tax controversies.
Representative Matters and Experience
- Representation of individuals and businesses in federal income and employment tax audits and State of Wisconsin income, withholding and sales tax audits.
- Contesting asserted liabilities through federal and Wisconsin appeal procedures and the United States Tax Court.
- Challenging assertions of personal liability for federal employment taxes and state withholding and sales tax liabilities.
- Assisting clients in federal and Wisconsin tax collection matters including installment agreements; Offers in Compromise and uncollectible classifications.
- Challenging property tax assessment and valuation disputes before Boards of Review and in the Wisconsin Courts.
- Assisting clients in federal and state voluntary disclosure proceedings; foreign bank account disclosures and compliance, seller’s permit revocation proceedings and non-filer case resolution.
- Analyzing tax and economic considerations for new and existing businesses, structuring transactions and preparation of agreements for a variety of business deals.
He is a frequent presenter at conferences and continuing legal education seminars. He is also an avid writer and has published articles for CCH tax publications and contributed to articles on complex tax and business issues in the Wisconsin Accountant, BizTimes, CPA Magazine, and Wisconsin Law Journal.