Paul J. Roshka, Jr. is a commercial litigator who has extensive
experience with the prosecution and defense of claims alleging
violations of federal and state securities laws. He practices regularly
before the SEC, the Arizona Securities Division and FINRA.
Paul began his career as a prosecutor with the Office of the Chief
State’s Attorney in Connecticut before moving to Arizona in 1977. He
spent the next seven years with the Arizona Securities Division and
served as the agency’s assistant director for three years before
entering private practice.
In addition to having a commercial litigation and securities
litigation, arbitration, mediation and enforcement practice, Paul
appears before a number of state agencies regulating banking, mortgage
bankers and brokers, real estate, insurance and accounting.
Paul also served as a faculty associate at Arizona State University
for a decade teaching undergraduate and graduate courses on white collar
crime, organized crime and corporate crime.
Classes & Seminars
- Navigating the Credit Crisis: What Every Litigator and Corporate
Counsel Needs to Know About Representing Clients in an Uncertain World,
- Best Practices in Securities Arbitrations and Enforcement Priorities at the Securities and Exchange Commission, State Bar
- The Mechanics and Pitfalls of Representing Businesses and Individuals Before Administrative Agencies, State Bar
- Conducting Internal Investigations: How to Identify and Prevent Corporate Liability, State Bar
- Civil RICO, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Dealing With The Regulators – SEC, NASD and the State, State Bar
- Anatomy of a State Enforcement Action, State Bar
- Securities Fraud: Protecting the Rights of the Victim, Defending the Rights of the Accused, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Recent Developments in Securities Litigation, Arbitration and Enforcement, State Bar
- Mediation Seminar, joint State Bar and NASD Regulation, Inc.The Bulls, the Bears and the Sidewinders, State Bar
- Administrative & Criminal Prosecution of Securities Fraud Cases, Maricopa County Bar Association