Missy Turra has practiced in the area of commercial real estate law for more than 15 years. Ms. Turra represents clients in all phases of real estate development, including due diligence, land acquisition and disposition, procuring entitlements, financing, construction, project operations, leasing and restructuring. Ms. Turra's broad experience includes resort and other mixed-use, master-planned communities and condominium developments, office and industrial properties, residential subdivisions, apartment complexes and shopping centers throughout the United States and the Caribbean, with a particular emphasis in Florida.
Ms. Turra's experience includes:
- representation of developers in connection with all aspects of real estate transactions
- representation of developers of mixed use developments consisting of resort, office, retail, hotel and residential components, including without limitation, handling all development agreements, leasing matters, operational issues and entitlement procurements
- representation of developers in connection with the acquisition and conversion of more than 2,000 condominium units
- representation of developers in connection with the development of thousands of condominium units, including registrations under the Florida Condominium Act and Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act
- representation of lenders in connection with loan restructures, deed-in-lieu transactions and successor developer analysis
- representation of landlords and tenants in connection with complex commercial lease transactions, including headquarter expansion and relocations
- representation of landowners in connection with procuring entitlements, land use, land planning and development of regional impact matters
- representation of developer controlled associations, including daily operational matters, regime restructuring, turnovers and collections
Ms. Turra previously served as the executive partner for Holland & Knight's Jacksonville office, the practice group leader for the firm's Jacksonville Real Estate Group and as the Women's Initiative coordinator for the Jacksonville office. She is currently the co-chair of Holland & Knight's Condominium Development Team and a member of the firm's Profit Sharing Advisory Committee; Global Hospitality, Resort and Timeshare Team; and Residential and Planned Development Team. Ms. Turra frequently speaks at real property conferences and symposiums.
Ms. Turra competed on the varsity tennis team at the University of Maryland and plays in national tennis competitions.