For over twenty years, Marshal has guided his clients through their divorce and custody cases with a blend of expertise, energetic advocacy, common sense, compassion, and vision.
AV® Preeminent™ Rating
Marshal maintains an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell - the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
Repeatedly Selected for Inclusion in Oregon Super Lawyers®
Marshal has been repeatedly nominated by his peers and selected for inclusion in Oregon Super Lawyers®. Only five percent of all practicing attorneys in the state are selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers.
Family Law and Community-Related Involvement
Marshal has been active in many leadership roles and organizations:
▪ He was appointed by the Governor and served on the Oregon Commission on Children and Families.
▪ He served as the Co-Chair of the Multnomah County Bar Association’s CourtCare Committee.
▪ He served on the Board of Directors of Donate Life Northwest.
▪ He served on the Board and as Vice-President of the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland.
▪ He served as the Chairperson for Solomon’s Legacy Attorney Group.
▪ He is a past Co-Chair of the Managing Partner’s Roundtable of the Multnomah County Bar Association.
▪ He served as a Board Member of the Oregon Academy of Family Law Practitioners.
Marshal has served as a speaker at Continuing Legal Education seminars and has been a guest lecturer at Portland State University.
Marshal is the father of two young adults and one teenager, as well as a stepfather to two additional young adults. Marshal is dedicated and responsive to both work and family.
Areas of Practice
Enforcement of Judgments
Post Divorce Enforcement
Post Divorce Modification
University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1985
University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1982