Mark Wege is a partner in Dentons’ Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy group. Mark’s practice focuses on restructuring businesses, both in and out-of-court, with a concentration on energy related companies. His experience includes extensive work with exploration and production companies, as well as oil field service, petrochemical and alternative energy entities.
Mark also represents entities in corporate reorganizations, including out-of-court restructurings and formal bankruptcy proceedings, in a wide variety of industries. In Chapter 11 cases, he has represented debtors, DIP lenders, creditor committees, purchasers and secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy courts across the United States.
Mark has practiced in financial restructuring for more than 25 years, representing companies in industries such as oil and gas exploration and production, petrochemicals, refining, electrical generation and transmission, oil field service and supply, alternative energy, transportation, telecommunication, retail grocery, wholesale product production and distribution, retail restaurant, commercial real estate and healthcare.
- Representation of debtors as primary or special counsel in various Chapter 11 proceedings including the following entities: Juniper GTL LLC, KiOR, Inc., SpectraWatt, Inc., Bigler, LP, Propex Inc., Cygnus Oil & Gas Corp., Souper Salad Inc., Texas Petrochemicals LP, Calpine Corp., Encompass Services Corp., Alma Energy Corp./Equinox Oil Company, Inc., LifeStream International Inc., Hepatix, Inc., Texas State Optical Inc., Food Barn Stores Inc., 50-Off Stores Inc., and Dow Corning Corporation.
- Representation of creditors, including DIP lenders, secured lenders and unsecured creditors, in the following bankruptcy cases: ERG Intermediate Holdings, MFGlobal, ATP Oil & Gas Corp., Sadler Clinic PLLC, Reddy Ice Holdings, ASARCO, Seahawk Drilling, Lyondell Chemical Company, SemCrude, L.P., Flying J, Scotia/Pacific Lumber Company, Mansions at Hastings Green, Wilshire Homes, BNP Petroleum, Easy Gardener, Yukos Oil Company, Zounds, Inc., Philip Services Corporation, Mirant Corp., Superior Offshore International, Orion Refining, Paracelsus Healthcare Corp., Highland Health Services Inc., Perry Gas Inc., Crescent Machinery Company, Consolidated Equipment Companies Inc., Drypers Corp., Iridium LLC, Sunset Tours Inc., and El Paso Refinery, LP.
- Representation of plan agents or liquidating trustees in the following bankruptcy cases: SpectraWatt, Inc., Cygnus Oil & Gas Corp., LifeStream International, Inc., WRT Energy Corp., Fruehauf Trailer Corp., and Gasmark Ltd.
- Representation of purchasers or potential purchasers of assets in the following cases: SunEdison, Pacific Lumber Co., VecTour Inc., CoServ, Kaiser Aluminum Corp., and Cajun Electric Power Cooperative Inc.
- Representation of official creditor committees in the following cases: Denali Inc., Agrifos Fertilizer LP, and Pioneer Companies Inc.
- Representation as expert witness: Vitro S.A.B. de C.V.