Damon Key Leong Kupchak Hastert ALC
Madeleine M.V. Young is a Director at Damon Key Leong Kupchak Hastert and practices in the firm's Trusts & Estates and Business & Commercial Law practice groups. Her practice focuses on probate and trust litigation, estate planning, conservatorship and guardianship proceedings, estate & trust administration, and property conveyances.
Madeleine previously practiced at various private law firms in California and Hawaii, and is experienced in complex business disputes. Prior to joining Damon Key in 2013, she was an attorney for several years in the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii's Asset Protection Unit, primarily litigation on behalf of indigent persons in federal court, while also managing a self-help clinic serving Hawaii's low-income communities, and advocating for her clients at the Hawaii State Legislature on consumer protection issues. She is licensed to practice before all Hawaii and California courts and the United States District Courts for the District of Hawaii and the Central District of California.
Madeleine earned her law degree from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law in 1998, and received a Bachelor of Arts degree, with general honors, from the University of Chicago in 1995. She was born and raised in Hawaii and graduated from Iolani School. She lives on Oahu's windward side with her husband, Dr. Steven Minaglia, a urogynecologist and associate professor at the University of Hawaii at Manoa John A. Burns School of Medicine, and their four children.
Professional and Community Affiliations
• Hawaii State Bar Association (Member, Probate and Estate Planning Section and Elder Law Section)
• State Bar of California
• California Lawyers Association (Member, Trusts and Estates Section)
• American Bar Association (Member, ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law)
• Hawaii Estate Planning Council (Member)
• St. Ann School, Kaneohe, Hawaii (Member, Advisory School Board, 2013-2016; Member, School Board of Education, 2016-present)