Larry has over 30 years of experience successfully litigating employment-related matters on behalf of executives, professionals and employers in state and federal courts, arbitrations and agency hearings. He has argued appeals before the First Circuit Court of Appeals, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and Massachusetts Appeals Court.
Larry also has extensive experience negotiating executive employment and transition agreements in various industries. He advises executives of private and public companies on the numerous documents used to memorialize compensation packages, from employment agreements, stock and option plans, and deferred compensation agreements to expatriation and repatriation agreements.
Larry prides himself on being a practical, prompt and thorough client advisor. Before joining Davis Malm, he was a co-founding partner of Shilepsky Hartley Robb Casey Michon, LLP.
Representative Matters Include:
- Obtained a settlement of Wage Act claim in excess of $500,000 on behalf of the CFO of a publicly traded company.
- Obtained almost $1 million in settlement of gender discrimination claim on behalf of a female executive in the financial services industry.
- Obtained a significant arbitration award on behalf of a high-level executive concerning a claim for contractually-guaranteed severance.
- Served as co-counsel through public hearing at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination of the precedent-setting case of MCAD v. Stonehill College, which was named in Massachusetts Lawyer’s Weekly as the “Most Important Decision of 2004.”
- Obtained a defense verdict in Massachusetts Superior Court in favor of a multinational high-tech services company and its Chief Financial Officer in a case involving discrimination and retaliation claims brought by a former senior executive seeking a seven-figure award.
- Tried one of the first Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower cases filed in the Boston regional office of the U.S. Department of Labor.Successfully prosecuted and defended numerous motions for injunctive relief concerning non-competition and non-solicitation agreements in the state and federal courts.
- Successfully negotiated numerous employment contracts for C-Suite executives of privately held and publicly traded companies.