Attorney Joseph A. Quinn, Jr. has set an exemplary standard for trial lawyers throughout Pennsylvania for over five decades. Known for his thorough preparation and detailed skills in the courtroom, Attorney Quinn has achieved record-setting jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving medical malpractice, truck and car accidents, insurance bad faith, defective products, premises liability, and workplace injuries.
Attorney Joseph A. Quinn, Jr. is one of only three Pennsylvania trial lawyers admitted to the Inner Circle of Advocates, a group limited to the top 100 personal injury lawyers in the United States, and one of only 500 attorneys worldwide chosen to be a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. Attorney Quinn has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer every year since the program began. He also has been listed in every edition of "The Best Lawyers in America," and has been recognized by the national publication as "Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year" for NEPA and the Lehigh Valley. He is one of the most experienced and highly credentialed trial attorneys in Pennsylvania. As Senior Litigation Principal, his Firm, Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn (HKQ Law) has been named 2018 Best Law Firm by US News & World Report. Attorney Quinn is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, a Diplomat of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Past President of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, and a Past Member of the Board of Governors of the American Association for Justice.
Attorney Quinn has authored numerous professional articles and has co-authored a book on the Pennsylvania No-Fault Motor Vehicle Insurance Act. He has presented at multiple professional seminars, including the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the State Conference of Trial Judges, and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Attorney Joseph A. Quinn, Jr. proudly calls Northeastern Pennsylvania his home, and lives every day by his firm’s positioning statement, “no one will work harder for you.”
- Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, 1966-Present
- Senior Litigation Principal, leader of Personal Injury Team with emphasis on personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, including crashworthiness and automobile defects, auto accidents, truck and tractor trailer accidents, and highway design defect cases.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS, RECOGNITIONS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Member, Inner Circle of Trial Advocates (Limited to 100 personal injury lawyers in the country)
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers in the areas of Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice. Selected by his peers as one of the Top 100 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers every year since Philadelphia Magazine began conducting its annual survey
- Listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" for Medical Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation in every edition since it began publication in 1987
- Selected by “Best Lawyers in America” as “Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year” for 2 consecutive years. The designation encompassed territory stretching from the Lehigh Valley north to the New York Stateborder.
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs in 2018 & 2019
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2018 & 2019
- Named in the Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2018 & 2019
- Member, American Board of Trial AdvocatesMember, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Multimillion Dollar Advocates ForumMember, The Order of Barristers
- Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. One of the first group of attorneys certified as a trial specialist by the Board.
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member and Past President, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Past Member, Board of Governors, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Past Member, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Past Member, Civil Procedural Rules Committee for the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar AssociationMember, Luzerne County Bar AssociationAdmitted to Practice: United States Supreme Court, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Superior Court of Pennsylvania, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, United States District Court, Eastern District of PA, Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas
- Dickinson School of Law of Penn State University, Juris Doctor, 1966
- University of Scranton, Bachelor of Science, 1963
- Scranton Preparatory School, 1959