Jon K. Wactor has practiced environmental law for more than thirty-six years, helping clients evaluate and solve environmental law issues encountered in manufacturing, shopping center, land development, investment, mining, and other industries.
He has handled significant engagements such as:
- Defending one of the world’s largest manufacturers from multi-million dollar claims lodged in federal and state trial and appellate courts for cleanup and cost recovery arising from soil and groundwater contamination at legacy sites;
- Defending clients such as a multi-national electronics manufacturer, the largest glass manufacturer in California, and shopping center owners from claims filed by the California Department of Toxic Substances Control alleging multiple violations of the health and safety code;
- Handling pre-purchase and merger environmental due diligence and risk management for multi-state property portfolio and individual site acquisitions and redevelopments;
- Negotiating liability releases, Prospective Purchaser Agreements, Covenants Not to Sue, pollution insurance policy coverage, cleanup goals and plans -– and getting to the No Further Action letter -- at many large redevelopment sites in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin, New York, and Florida;
- Counseling clients on air quality, water quality, hazardous waste, storm water, greenhouse gas, CEQA, and endangered species obligations;
- Representing clients in large Superfund cases;
- Testifying as an expert witness in environmental litigation.
More details are available at http://www.ww-envlaw.com.