Jerome M. Janzer is the CEO of Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.. He is also co-chair of the firm's Real Estate Practice and a member of the Business Law Practice.
Drawing on more than 25 years of experience, Jerry counsels and represents clients in a variety of industries including real estate, financial institutions, transportation, construction, manufacturing and printing. He advises his clients on every aspect of acquiring, growing and eventually selling a business including capitalization and corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and succession planning. He also works with real estate clients from the earliest conceptual stage of a development through land acquisition, financing, land use planning, zoning, tax incremental financing, design contracts, construction, leasing and sale.
A frequent speaker on business and real estate topics, Jerry has earned a reputation as a trusted advisor who works closely with clients to provide the timely and creative advice and strategies they need to achieve their business goals.
Representative Matters and Experience
- Entity formation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- Succession planning
- Land-use planning
- Tax incremental financing
- Construction and design contracts
- Best Lawyers in America (Real Estate Law; Corporate Law)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Power Book: The Milwaukee Area's Most Influential People, The Business Journal, Milwaukee,WI (2009 - 2012)
- Wisconsin Top Rated Lawyer Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Contributing author on various real estate law publications including:
- Advanced Real Estate Law in Wisconsin Current Issues in Commercial Real Estate Leases in Wisconsin
- Major Land Use Laws in Wisconsin
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Greater Milwaukee Committee
- Board of Directors of Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
- Board of Directors of Competitive Wisconsin, Inc.
- Advisory Board of Directors of Marquette University Law School
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Real Estate Counsel Group of American Land Title Association
- CEO's Against Cancer for the American Cancer Society President's Council of Children's Hospital
- Tocqueville Society of United Way
- Woolsack Society of Marquette University Law School
- J.D., cum laude, Marquette University Law School
- B.A., Marquette University